Tuesday, November 30, 2010

House Pictures -- 1

I know, I know, I've been saying I'm going to post pictures of our new house. I think trying to post all of them at once seemed a little overwhelming. So I think I will post a room (or two) at a time. How does that sound?

Let's start with move in day last June...

 

Here's the front porch after Hubby painted the front door and the porch.
 Picture it all covered in snow. Ugh.
Yeah, like that.

Here's a view from the front door:


Another shot of the Entry Way area:
I just love the columns looking into the Kitchen and Dining Room. And the word "Welcome" over the archway is a nice touch put there by the previous owners.


The Living Room:
 Please note that there are actual window treatments, otherwise known as curtains, on the windows! (We lived in our previous home for nine years and I only had window treatments in two rooms.)


 A view from the Living Room towards the Entryway. The front door is on the right.


The sofa table right inside the front door.



 Closer views of the bookcases in the Living Room. (We bought the bookcases in Malaysia.)

 

3 comments:

Jenny - AKA - frogmama said...

I never knew that about your bookcases! I certainly noticed that they were very pretty and unique!

I like your piano with the music stand by it. It's so welcoming. :)

Amanda said...

It looks beautiful. :)

Gigi said...

Another photo series...you know I love it!