Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wednesday Hodgepodge

As my regular readers know, I have spent a lot of Wednesdays answering the Random Dozen questions. The blogger who thought up all those questions decided to hang it up. I think she ran out of questions...I know I would.

Another blogger, who I discovered through the Random Dozen, has decided to begin her own Randomness. Joyce@From This Side of the Pond  has come up with Wednesday Hodgepodge. She's brave! Click on the button and go to Joyce's blog to read her answers and those of other bloggers.
 
1. Do you think you're more like your mom or your dad?
I look like my mom, but have my dad's coloring. (Mom is a blonde with blue eyes. Dad had dark hair and brown eyes. [and I say *had* because it's white now] )

2. Do you like roller coasters?
I kind of used to. I can't even remember the last time I went on one. The last one I went on was likely at the MOA. As far as roller coasters go, the one there is relatively calm. When I was a kid I remember giving my mom a hard time when she wouldn't go on roller coasters with the rest of us. She used to say, "I did that when I was younger." Now I kind of agree. :)

3. How did you name your blog and do you now wish you'd thought about it maybe another five minutes before you hit publish? Would you change your blog title if it were not a huge pain in the derriere? (French makes everything sound a little nicer doesn't it?)
Here's my very first blog-post and the reason I came up with the name for my blog. It's from a book written by Stormie Omartian called, Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On.

I'm actually surprised that I was even that slightly creative. I don't have a lot of creativity when it comes to naming something. Case-in-point: When my son was a little boy, he was crazy about LEGOS. (Who am I kidding? He's a grown, married man and is still crazy about LEGOS.) Anyway... with each LEGO set came little LEGO people, (or as Caleb called them, "'ittle tiny 'EGO guys") and he wanted to name each one. I would throw out ideas to him all day and he would reject each one. Then Daddy would come home from work, suggest a name, and it was an instant hit! Hmph. 
So yes, I am still pleased with my moment of creativity with naming my blog.

4. What is the best wedding gift you received? Not married? Didn't get any gifts? Then what is the best wedding gift you've given?
That was quite a long time ago... 26 plus years. I do remember some random gifts and who gave them to us. *A family friend gave us a pottery bowl made by someone from the community I lived in during grade school years. (We just visited that community last weekend and I will be blogging about it later this week.) *My hubby's great-aunt and great-uncle gave us an electric knife that I still use. *My sisters and brother gave us a card table and chairs. *Probably the weirdest gift was a Sardine Server. It's a small silver tray (3"x5") and has a tiny spatula-like server. Weird. I don't think I've ever used it. I don't know which was the best gift. It would involve searching for our wedding book that contains the gift list. I think it's in the basement, which is, you know, all the way down the stairs... In other words, I'm mot going to go look for it.
My favorite gift we have given was a Scrabble board with a huge bag of popcorn. We gave it to some college students that we "adopted". They spent a lot of time at our house playing Scrabble and eating popcorn when they wanted to escape college life. It just seemed like the right gift to give.

5. What is the one bill you most hate to pay?
I don't think I have to answer this one since I don't write the checks that pay the bills. I declare myself exempt from Question #5. :)

6. Is the glass half full or half empty? 
Not full enough!? I tease my hubby that he never fills my glass full enough. When there is an inch at the top, it's not full.

7. What is your favorite word?
GRACE.

8. Now, this is where I insert one random thought of my own...
I love these potato chips. 
They are sold in a limited area (mostly Iowa), so we don't get them often. When we do it's a toss up between savoring them and devouring them.
(How's that for random?)


6 comments:

Gigi said...

LOVE these types of posts...they're just so much fun!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

My son loved Lego's too. Maybe I should get him one for Christmas!
We were married in '72 and we still use the same electric knife too. I don't pay the bills either and didn't have a clue so I asked my husband. Funny, I like to fill my glass all the way and my husband only takes half a glass.
That's wine I'm talking about!

Thena said...

I have that book and never have connected the two together.
Your favorite word, great answer.
Also in case no one else has told you when you click on your name on Joyce's linky it goes to Joyce's blog not yours.

Mocha with Linda said...

I am so with you on filling up a glass. Drives me crazy when people leave so much room!

Loved your answers. And the Scrabble board was a great gift!

Joyce said...

I'm glad you linked... I love the game board and popcorn idea. I'm going to file that away for later.

The lego story made me smile...especially the part about your son still loving legos : )

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers! The Lego one was cute!
until next time... nel