Monday, November 15, 2010

A List

1. Friday night we went to a concert with two piano players. They were very good musicians, and quite showy. I think they would do quite well on a cruise ship. They enjoy lots of audience participation. It made us a little nervous since our seats were in the front row on the left, but thankfully, they didn't notice us. Whew.

2. After the concert it had started snowing/raining. We went out for a piece of French Silk pie anyway. The pie was yummy and it was wonderful to sit with my hubby and talk.

3. We survived our first snowstorm of the year. Saturday we woke up to this scene.  We got a total of about 8" of snow. It was really heavy, wet snow and made for tough snow-blowing for the hubby. (I have kind of on purpose not ever learned how to use the snow-blower.) (Yes, I am smart.) Saturday morning the power kept flicking off and on and off and on, and then it was totally off for about an hour. Thankfully it wasn't off for any longer. I get stressed when the power is off. I spent the whole day in my PJs. Nice. (That was a lot of random sentences in one paragraph...)

4. Sunday when we drove to church we saw why the power was having issues. There were a lot of downed tree branches from the heavy snow. I suspect the power lines were weighed down with the heavy snow.

5. We enjoyed the sermon on the book of Ruth at church. And, here's a first... people actually talked to us at church. We've gone to that church for about two months and last Sunday was the first time anyone talked to us. (More than a "hi" as they walked by.) I really miss our old church.

6. I spent a good part of today cleaning our bedroom and bathroom. It needed a deep clean, especially the shower and jetted tub. Now I don't think we can ever bathe again. Oh...just kidding.

7. Just to surprise my hubby, I made him his favorite treat after supper.
Gingerbread. It is soooo yummy hot from the oven! Hubby was very happy.

8. I'm working on taking pictures around the house. Since I have most of it organized and decorated, I thought I'd post some pictures here soon.

9. Nothing else to add to my list. Except this abrupt ending.

4 comments:

Thena said...

I made gingerbread for the first time last Christmas. It was so good. The recipe I used called for a lemon glaze but I didn't use it. Might have to try it that way next time.

Olson Family said...

I never figured out the snowblower either :). Then again, my hub had bought a 'big one' and I think the handles were as high as my shoulders? Will pray that God will send someone to reach out to you at church - 2 months?

Gigi said...

Wow - 2 months at church without being welcomed??? No wonder you miss your old church home. Perhaps this is not where the Lord wants you to be...

Mmmm, gingerbread!! I had the yummiest gingerbread last year at Whole Foods - and they topped it with fresh lemon curd. Oh my gosh, it was fall down good! I'm sooooo looking forward to it this year! Drooling, in fact!

Did you say pictures are coming? YAY!!

Jenny - AKA - frogmama said...

...I miss our "old" church too...

Does it help that it's not really the same since last spring? A lot of famlies have left.