Blech. That's what this Monday is like. It snowed some overnight, only about 3 or 4 inches. Hubby took my four-wheel drive car to work so I'm stranded at home looking at the vastness of white, brown, light gray, dark gray and medium gray out the window. We're supposed to get more snow. Yippee.
I have a severe case of cabin fever. I am sooooo tired of winter! One day last week it was 36 degrees and a little bit sunny so I didn't wear my coat when I dashed to the post office to mail a package. Daring. Or maybe desperate for winter to be over. Either one.
Saturday I did actually see a sky that looked a funny shade of blue. Only funny, because we rarely see blue sky up here in the North Land in winter.
Saturday, Hubby and I went off on a shopping excursion. We had some birthday shopping to do for our firstborn. Even though his birthday isn't until towards the end of the month, I will have his package in the mail next week. Why? Because in less than two weeks WE ARE GOING ON A CRUISE! To the Caribbean!
I may have mentioned that before, but after the weather and dull winter I am SO EXCITED to be somewhere warm and see color.
My parents celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary in March and are treating their kids and spouses to a cruise to celebrate. WAY COOL!
Hubby and I even bought a few new clothes for ourselves while we were shopping. You know, shorts, short sleeved shirts, stuff like that!
Speaking of shopping, has any one else noticed how many places have awards type programs? It seems like you can't shop without being asked if you are a member of an awards program. I heard this at multiple clothing stores (even at an outlet mall), a bookstore, a grocery store and even restaurants. Sometimes I would just like to buy without being questioned and "informed" about the program and then looked at like I'm a tad nuts for not being interested.
Okay. I'm done with my Monday rant. Time to fold laundry and eat lunch. Yes. I lead an exciting life. Not.
2 comments:
Our weekend in Florida ruined me for any more winter. Bring on Spring!!
Oh yes, I would LOVE to be in the Caribbean right now ... blue waters, warm weather, beautiful beaches ... what's not to love.
Post a Comment