Friday, March 8, 2013

Red and White

I posted this picture of the pieces of a quilt I started on several weeks ago:::


The last several days I've been pushing myself with working on my red and white quilt. I've sewn several strips like this:::


After lots and lots of cutting I ended up with a pile like this:::

And then, after lots and lots of ironing, I have a pile of scrappy four patches:::
Just a few more steps to turn these into the block I need.

Can you see the two different blocks on my design wall in the second picture? Those are the blocks that will make up the quilt.

Getting closer....

2 comments:

Sandy Cutshall said...

Good job! I love your photos of the process. Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I cannot wait to see the finished quilt. I love two-color quilts and want to do another red and white quilt ... maybe the Drunkard's Path that I want to piece by hand?