No. No. Briefly. No. No. (I'll explain the "Briefly" answer. Years ago, Hubby spent a week in San Juan, Puerto Rico on business. I flew down to spend a long weekend with him. The hotel he was staying in had a casino. So one night we wandered through and agreed to spend $20 on the slot machines. Which we promptly lost. We decided it was equal to flushing the $20 down the toilet. Pointless and a waste.)
2. Will you be preparing and/or dining on the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage meal this St. Patrick's Day?
I don't believe I have ever eaten the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage meal on St. Patrick's day or any other day.
This St. Patrick's Day I will be basking in warmth and color somewhere in the Caribbean. Ahhhhh!
Last year I made this cake on St. Patrick's Day. It was more to honor my Swedish grandpa's birthday. It was on March 17th.
Mashed-baked-hash browned-french fried...your favorite way to have potatoes?
Yes-Yes-Yes-Yes. I'm not picky on how my potatoes are prepared. :)
3. What's the last thing you felt 'green with envy' over?
Reading people's blogs who live in the south and are talking about spring. We got 6 or 7 inches of snow Monday. Blech.
4. What's at the end of your rainbow?
A big change in our lives. Hopefully.
5. March 12th marks the anniversary of the death of Anne Frank (June 12, 1929-March 12, 1945). Anne's diary detailing her time spent hiding from the Nazi's during the war ranks as one of the best selling books of all time. Besides your blog, do you keep any sort of diary or journal? Was this a habit you developed as a child or is journaling something new for you?
I have never done much journal-ing in my life. I tried to keep one when I was in junior high. But I wasn't very good at it. I've looked at it recently and it's filled mostly with which boy I thought was cute that week. You know, stuff a 13-14 year old girl thinks about.
(We visited Anne Frank's place of hiding in Amsterdam in 2001. Very interesting and very sobering.
6. What's an item in your home or closet that contains every color of the rainbow?
I think I'd have to say my sewing room. No contest. There is so much fabric in there and in probably any color imaginable. :) It's wonderful. :)
7. Write a limerick with you as the subject. You can do it!! Just remember this is a family friendly blog...don't make me get out my wooden spoon.
There once was a lady who quilted
She sewed until she wilted
The quilts they were pretty
One was even itty-bitty
But none one them were gilted
(Oh my goodness that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever written!!! Ha ha ha!)
(You cannot imagine the stress when I read the phrase "Write a limerick." I never ever excelled at that part of school. Ever.)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I laughed out loud yesterday afternoon as I was watching TV in my sewing room. The national news interrupted the programming with a Special News Bulletin to say that no Pope has been chosen. Huh? A news bulletin saying that nothing has happened? Someone needs to read this book.

9 comments:
I thought your limerick was great! :D And yes, the news people definitely need that book. And pronto!
Goodness. I'm with you on all the "Breaking News" these days - and especially about the Pope "circus" in Rome. I started quilting with a church group, to make & send to the needy. I have no sewing skills but have found I'm pretty good at laying out the squares & pinning! ha
I agree with you on the casino, which is why we haven't been in YEARS. We did a lot of exploring of the ship while on our cruise, but we had no desire to even go check out the casino.
And I love your answer about your favorite way to eat potatoes. ;-)
I do not think you limerick is ridiculous! I wish I had been able to think of something half as cute as yours.
I loved your limerick!
Bravo on your limerick! I haven't written one since I was in high school...many moon ago! You're heading to the Caribbean? You can't go wrong with that!
We love visiting the Caribbean so hope you have a good time. We dislike casinos because of the smoke as well
Enjoy your trip, I'm green with envy :)
My fear is that one of these days something truly 'breaking' will happen and no one will be alert, because everything is a "breaking story"!
I was sure some people would balk at the limerick, but so far so good : ) Enjoy your travels!
I find it very scary when the "breaking news" is no news.
Post a Comment