The Travel Agent my dad used had a plate of chocolate covered strawberries sent to each of our rooms. Yum! And that was just the beginning of the scrumptious and plentiful food!
Hubby and I have been on two other cruises. This cruise was a little different. (Well, it was a different cruise-line than the other two cruises we had been on.) We had an assigned time for dinner and an assigned table. So each night, all ten of us gathered at 5:45pm in a very nice dining room.
| My mom and dad. Can you believe they've been married 60 years? |
(The whole pepper thing got to be kind of funny. At one of the first meals, my brother picked up the pepper grinder and started grinding the pepper {gasp} and the waiter jumped at him saying it was his job to do that and we were to relax and not do anything for ourselves for the week! The waiter each night would take the pepper grinder off the table when we sat down.)
(It was funny to us.)
(And probably more of a you-have-to-be-there kind of a thing.)
(And this blog is mostly for me to write my memories, so my readers should just chuckle and nod when there is a you-have-to-be-there kind of a thing.)
Check out the presentation:::
Our first port-of-call was to an island called Eleuthera in the Bahamas. We started the morning with having breakfast delivered to the room. We ate it out on our balcony. Such a wonderful treat!
Hubby and I took a tour of the island on a bus. My mom and dad were with us. It was so fun to spend the day with them.
I was so thankful to be able to see the beauty of this island. God sure must have had a lot of fun creating this earth and making it so diverse.
We were greeted with some beautiful bougainvillaea flowers. These grew all over Singapore and we have always loved the pops of color.
Our first stop was here:
Wow. The colors are just stunning! (So different from the lakes here in the midwest.)
If you look closely, you can see my mom sitting to the left of the door of the church.
We were struck with the number of buildings that were run-down and dilapidated.
Hubby loved soaking up the sun:
My favorite part of the day was when Hubby and I wandered away a bit from the tour. The rest of the gang was listening to the tour guides tell about a government building. But Hubby and I walked around the corner to an Assembly of God church that was having a worship service. I could hear some singing, so I set my camera to video and recorded some fantastic, heart-felt praising:
I tell ya, I felt so privileged to not only see this part of God's beautiful creation, but to be able to witness His people in this part of the world worshiping Him.... just....WOW.
Such an amazing start to a wonderful week!
More to come....
1 comment:
The "you-just-had-to-be-there" kinds of moments are what make memories. ;-)
We had a wonderful time on our cruise, but I do think that going with a group of friends/family would be even more fun.
We fully intended to order breakfast in our room and dine out on the balcony but never did it ... no reason why not. I wish we had.
Post a Comment