At the end of Travis' CD When The Stars Burn Down, there is a song called Thanks Be To Our God. I love that song so much I may wear out that part of the CD. Here's a video of some church's worship team singing the song:
I response to that song, I thought I would make a list of things that I am thankful to God for. (Some serious, some silly.)
1. For a God who loves and forgives.
2. For a husband who loves and forgives and is beyond understanding.
3. For a husband who is willing to take me out for supper at the last minute when I lose my enthusiasm for cooking at the last minute.
4. For a phone call from my daughter.
5. For a phone call from a dear friend. I haven't talked to her for two years and it was so good to hear her voice.
6. For the encouragement and love I heard over the phone from that friend.
7. For my friend making me feel like I still have friends somewhere.
8. For a short, mild winter.
9. For a lovely spring.
10. For pedicure season and pretty red toenails.
11. For asparagus.
12. For our extremely comfy bed.
13. For my sewing room.
15. For my mom teaching me how to sew when I was 9 years old.
16. For sewing projects that I am looking forward to tackling.
17. For jelly beans (sweet-tart flavored ones are my favorite).
18. For weekends spent with my hubby.
2 comments:
I LOVE that CD. I had it on repeat while I was steaming wallpaper and painting. Definitely uplifting.
I just love Travis Cottrell. I bought some of his music after seeing him with Beth Moore. He's fabulous!
Post a Comment