Let's see if I can crank out a half-way decent weekend recap.
(Half-way decent doesn't just depend on the words I write down, well maybe it does. I do need to find the correct words to make it sound like a fun weekend.)
Here we go...
I look forward to weekends so much. I love having Hubby around all to myself for a couple of days in a row.
Friday night we wanted to take advantage of the beautiful weather we've been having. I showed Hubby a trail along a lake that I like to walk along sometimes. Here's a picture of that spot I took last fall.
We thought we'd try to see a movie, so we grabbed a sandwich for supper and went to the theater only to find a very long line out the door. Neither of us like to stand in line, so we punted the movie idea and went home. The rest of the evening consisted of the two of us flipping through the TV channels and playing Scrabble on out laptops.
I stayed up way too late Friday night work on a sewing project that my sister-in-law brought to my attention.
She told me about a bunch of quilting/sewing YouTube videos that have managed to help me waste a bunch of time watching them and help me find a bunch a great ideas and help me to realize there are a few more tools for quilting out there that I don't have. Here is a (video) link to the receiving blanket I made Friday night. (It really takes longer a bit longer than 10 minutes, like she claims, especially if I cut one of the pieces of fabric the wrong size. I have no idea what I was thinking.) Now I just need to get to a fabric store to get some more flannel.
Saturday, Hubby worked outside getting things ready for summer. Due to quite a lack of rain last summer, one of the small pine trees in the front yard died and Hubby had to cut it down. I always hate to loose a tree. Now if it would just rain a lot more to revive the grass. While he was outside, I put the finishing touches on the receiving blanket.
Saturday night was the annual recognition dinner for the company my hubby works for. The company recognizes people for the years of service. No, hubby wasn't recognized this year, it goes in five year increments. But Hubby has to be there because he's the Head Dude in this area. And I have to go because I'm the Head Dude's Wife. Yippee. It's a difficult function for me, because I don't know any of the people and I'm not very good at small talk. But, I plastered a smile on my face and brushed up my list of answers to possible questions and my list of questions for other people. Yes, it works best for me to think of these things ahead of time. I survived and really enjoyed the food. We even made it home in time to watch the last 14 minutes of the Final Four NCAA game. It was the best part of the game, from what I understand, and we were happy to see the Kansas Jayhawks win.
Sunday we tried (yet another) church about 20 miles away. After lunch, we drove 50 miles to a truck stop to meet our daughter and some of her friends who had made a road trip to Minnesota to visit another friend of theirs. It was totally worth the 100 miles total to spend 45 minutes with them and have some ice cream.
That about sums up the weekend.
(I might need to work on using better words to make our lives sound a bit more exciting, huh?)

1 comment:
Sounds like a nice weekend to me : )
Post a Comment