Over the weekend I worked on a few more baby blankets. I had bought some more flannel to go with some that I had on hand. I am really happy with how they turned out. So soft and pretty! (The purple one on the bottom is the first one I made a few weeks ago.) (Go to this YouTube link to watch a tutorial of how to make these.)
One thing I've like about these, aside from the magic of the border, is being able to choose a decorative stitch for the top-stitching. I think you are able to see on this close-up some of the stitching I used. I even bought some variegated thread (with pink, yellow, green, blue, and purple) to use on these.
Now I just need some babies to wrap up in a cozy blanket. That pink one is so incredibly soft!


2 comments:
so pretty! Sounds like you are getting Grandma fever!
What a cute and easy way to make a receiving blanket! I watched the tutorial. Cool idea...I may need to save this one somewhere for future use! Or, start practicing now...
Post a Comment