Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Springy Hodgepodgey

I'm finally feeling better (I had a really, really nasty cold), so I think I can now get back into the swing of blogging. I have some catching up to do, things I took pictures of with intention of blogging about them, and just plain really exciting things to blog about. WooHoo! (Well, maybe not all that exciting, but I thought I would get my readers' hopes up.)

For today, I am answering the questions that Joyce @From This Side Of The Pond, has dreamed up for this Wednesday.
 
1. The first day of spring is here...do you enjoy working in the yard? Weeding, raking, mowing, planting-your favorite springtime garden chore? How about your least favorite? 
Yard work is not my favorite. I might like it a bit more if it wasn't for all the bugs and hot weather. Although, last spring, I did do quite a bit of work cleaning out a couple of the flower beds. I just sat right down and scooted around because it hurts my back too much to bend over. I'm sure I looked ridiculous. I'd say mowing is my least favorite. Thankfully, Hubby likes to do yard work.


2. What puts a spring in your step? 
Having something really fun to look forward to puts a spring in my step. We are heading to a town in Missouri we lived in for 10 years before we moved overseas for Easter/Hubby's birthday. I hope to set up some times with some old friends. Even if we don't see many, I am very excited to just hang out with my hubby there.
Having company puts a spring in my step, too. My parents came to visit last weekend and I had fun planning and fixing meals for them.


3. Describe a time when you had to spring into action?
I remember during my first visit with Hubby's extended family, (28 years ago) saving his cousin's one year old from diving down the stairs. I was watching him crawl down the hallway and grinning at us all, and then he turned toward the stairway. I jumped up and grabbed him just before he took a nose dive. Hubby's cousin was impressed.
I'm sure that when I was a mommy to little ones, there were lots of moments like that as well.


4. We're having carrots for dinner...would you prefer yours raw or cooked?
I like them either way. Have any of my readers seen this recipe from Pioneer Woman's website for Roasted Carrots? My daughter discovered the recipe and they are very yummy!


5. Do you take the shampoos and other sundries from your hotel room when its time to check out?
 
      Yes, I do. 
 As you can see, it can lead to quite the pile-up back at home. I've used up all the little shampoo bottles and am still working on all those little soaps.


6. What's the most enjoyable team or club you've belonged to and what was it that made it so?
Team Family. I loved that as our family grew and as the kids grew, we all felt more and more like a team. Maybe that's why it's so hard that the kids live so far away and we don't see them often. The team seems splintered.
 

7. Is cloning a sign of progress? 
Oh, I don't know. I do think it's messing with God's stuff.


8. Insert your own random thought here.
a) It is a very rainy week and I am thankful. First of all, it's rain and NOT snow. Second, we haven't had much rain since last July. When it was about to pour a couple of days ago, I stood in front of the open window and smelled the rain-air. Wonderful!! I even see bits of green in the grass. Last summer the grass was brown by the end of August.
b) Today is my parents' 59th Anniversary! Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

4 comments:

April said...

I absolutely love your answer for #6. I feel much the same about my own family. Happy Anniversary to your parents! 59 years is definitely something to CELEBRATE!

Kimberly said...

I always take the shampoos too! they come in handy.
59 years IS something to celebrate.

Have a good Wednesday.

DD said...

Have fun visiting Missouri and seeing people and places you have been missing.

Happy Anniversary to your parents!

Cherie said...

Glad that you're feeling better from you cold. With all the crazy weather, people don't seem to know whether they're coming or going. Happy Anniversary to your parents! That's wonderful.