Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fifty-nine

Today is my parents' wedding anniversary. They have been married for 59 years! For some reason that has really surprised me. No, I'm not surprised that my parents are still married, silly. I just haven't been adding up the years and I hadn't realized that it was 59 years this year. That is a heck of a lot of years. (We only have 32 more to go! We have been married for 27 years and that feels like a long time. I pray that God will bless us with at least 32 more.)

In honor of today, some pictures:

Mom and Dad dancing at our daughter's wedding
 (The cool thing about this event is the fact that my mom was in the 
hospital for three months earlier in that year.)


Mom and Dad last December


Mom and Dad on their wedding day


I just have to post a picture of us on our wedding day. Not because I want to steal their thunder, but to show you all that I wore my mother's wedding dress.
The only difference was that Mom wore a hoop under the dress, I had a different veil and I did not button the buttons all the way up.  (When I watched the royal wedding last spring, the princess's wedding dress reminded me so much of this one!)

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!!

4 comments:

Sandy Cutshall said...

Happy Anniversary, Judy's mom and dad! I didn't realize that was your mom's dress! Did your sisters wear it, too?

Judy said...

Sandy: I was the only one who wore Mom's dress.

MOM said...

Thanks for the tribute and pictures
It was very sweet of you--

Drew and Rachel said...

I really like the December picture of your parents. It seems a little bit artistic, like it has a story to tell.