Friday, March 23, 2012

Sewing

I've been busy working in my sewing room lately.  I showed you the T-shirt quilt I made for my daughter in this post.

And here is a picture of both of the kids with the T-shirt quilts I made for them.


I mentioned several times on this blog that I was making a cover for my sewing machine. I don't very often put the machine down into the sewing table so I wanted something to cover it up so it didn't collect too much dust. I finally finished it!

A little back story about my choice of fabrics. I love the art work of Mary Engelbreit and my sewing room is decorated with several things of hers. A few years ago I made this quilt to hand on the wall:


I used the fabric leftovers from that quilt to create the sewing machine cover.



I even had some leftover from that cover, so I made a little zippered bag to put
 a couple of chargers in. Now they can be in my purse and be a bit more protected.
I like sewing. :) Thanks for teaching me how, Mom!