I found a place here in Smaller Town, Minnesota that offers good pedicures for a fairly reasonable, not outrageous price. (I am willing to pay someone to paint my toenails so they don't look like a 5 year-old did it, which is what it looks like when I do it myself.) This morning I indulged in one more pedicure before my poor feet are tucked away for the long, long winter.
(Side note: When I tell people about my blog I usually tell them they'll learn more about me than they probably really want to know. Today's post is a perfect example. A-hem.)
Today's color is a nice fall color, kinda orangey-brown with sparkles. I don't remember the name of it because, have you noticed the names of nail polish lately? There are names such as I'm Not Really a Waitress, You're a Pisa Work and Meet Me at the Star Ferry. (Any of my readers know where the Star Ferry is?)
My feet are happy now and will likely have to wait
I spent the afternoon writing an email to a high school friend. I haven't seen her in a long time and like to be able to reconnect even if virtually. That first sentence in this paragraph implies that I spent the whole afternoon on the email. I really didn't. After I sent it I realized I forgot to ask her the question I wanted to ask her in the first place. Oh well. I'll just ask the next time.
I also
For supper tonight I thought a mixed cultural meal sounded yummy. I made Fried Green Tomatoes (a little southern USA) and Fried Rice (a little Asian). The meal was finished off with a HoneyCrisp Apple for a little Minnesota.
So that was my Thursday. You're welcome.
(Rachel, dear, I want you to know I wrote this post just for you since you told me you like to read my blog and keep caught up on our lives. I hope you weren't too bored. Love you and your family!)
(For my other readers, Rachel and her little family are living in China and showing the Chinese people God's love. Read their blog and be encouraged. They are amazing.)
2 comments:
I am being sincere when I say
I have tears in my eyes! thank you Judy. <3 I would give you a nice warm hug if possible.
rachie
I had a pedi yesterday too (blackberry buckle-its not as dark as it sounds). I love pedis and will get one in the middle of winter because pretty toes make me happy when its dreary outside.
Your fried green tomatoes look amazing!
Post a Comment