I thought I'd throw a recap of the weekend in here.
It was cold.
But it didn't snow!
The End.
The actual temperature last night was -18F! (I think.) (I could be off by a degree or two, but seriously, when it's that cold does a degree or two really make a difference?)
Hubby has been working hard at getting his shop in order. He built some shelves to put all the boxes of stuff we just can't part with. You know.... the box of baby clothes that were too darn sweet to give away, the box of baby toys we keep to bring out to entertain babies that visit us, the box of childhood memories for both my husband and me, the box that takes me an hour to go through because --- Hello Memories, and well, you know... boxes and stuff....
Never fear, we have gotten rid of lots and lots of stuff. There are so many empty boxed in the garage, it will take a few weeks to get rid of it all.
I considered asking Hubby if he was going to sort through his lumber and throw some scraps away, but then I thought he might ask me to sort through my fabric scraps....so I kept my mouth shut. :)
Yesterday Hubby and I got to go on a date. :) We went to the nearest biggish city (an hour away) and saw a movie (Secretariat), did some shopping, and went out for supper. Despite the cold, we had a great time. I should admit that my hubby spoils me rotten by dropping me off at the door of the stores and restaurants. That makes being in the cold not as awful. He's so sweet!
(Lots of awkward transitions to new subjects...)
Finding satisfaction in a church in our new area continues to be frustrating.
I will never understand the fascination with ice fishing. The lake near us has so many little houses on it. I just don't get it. I should take a picture of it, but that would involve getting out of my car in this terrible cold.
I have so enjoyed being a part of the Facebook world. A few nights ago I was watching my all-time favorite TV channel, HGTV. There was a show originating from Canada. That got me to thinking about the camp in Ontario I went to as a kid. I saw on their website that there was a Facebook page for alumni. (You wondered what HGTV had to do with Facebook, didn't you? You thought I'd never get back around to Facebook, didn't you?) I jumped over to that page and hunted around and believe it or not I actually found some of my old camp friends! I have reconnected with two of them on Facebook. Awesome. Now we just have 36 years to catch up on. Ha. Ha.
Things coming up in the next week: cleaning (woohoo), working on some things in my sewing room, a work (Hubby's) Christmas party that was canceled in December because of the Blizzard of 2010, and then to celebrate my half-century mark, I get to have a crown put on one of my molars. YeeHaw.
And that's the news from here.
2 comments:
You even get a crown for your 50th! How special!!
What sort of things does Peter build? I don't recall ever seeing any handmade things of his? My dad is a woodworker (turned quilter). I appreciate those things he built for me :)
I really really really hope you find a church you guys can attend. Have you considered anything in another city? (though I'm thinking of ???(name blank!) who lives in New Ulm and wants a EFC church there.... Anyway, I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers.
I'm in touch with camp friends on facebook too. We've all posted pics and it has been a lot of fun!
I loved Secretariat...I think I might buy it on DVD when it comes out.
Post a Comment