As I type, I have less than two hours left in this decade. (Unless you count the hour I was actually born, then I have a little over fifteen hours... maybe I should go with that. But then... I don't think I can stare at this stack of presents from my hubby for that many more hours. Oh the dilemma!)
Yes. Tomorrow I turn FIFTY. Oh my.
Hubby and I ran off to Chicago to celebrate. (Cool.) We spent a night with his aunt and uncle who have got to be the coolest aunt and uncle ever. They are the best hosts. Aunt Penny even made me a birthday pie complete with candles. I about cried. (and I forgot to take a picture --- phooey!)
This afternoon we heard the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Fun!
We decided to really live it up and are staying in a Fancy Shmancy hotel downtown. I'm really looking forward to the next couple of days which includes tearing into that stack of presents and seeing Wicked. Oooo!!! (I will be certain to take pictures...)
(I should add here that Hubby let me open one present tonight. He's so nice. It was a book: In the Company of Others, by Jan Karon. Yay! Something to read when I'm snowed in!)
3 comments:
Happy birthday!! Have a great time in Chicago!!
I spent a few days in Chicago in August and absolutely loved it. We stayed downtown and I decided I would love an apt overlooking the river...warm weather months only though : )
Wicked is one of my favorites! Enjoy! And Happy Birthday...I made the decade change in September. So far so good : )
Happy Birthday!!! Have a great day
Post a Comment