Another Wednesday, another Wednesday Hodgepodge. I know I didn't participate last week, but, hey! I was quite busy being in Chicago and celebrating my 50th birthday! Remember? :)
1. Do you like your name? Were you named after someone? If you have children how did you settle on their names?
Not a huge fan of my name. Not named after anyone. (I did call myself by both my first and middle name when I was playing Dominoes with my hubby the other night because I missed an obvious play.) Our son is named after his three-times great-grandfather (first name) and his great-grandmother (middle name). Our daughter's middle name is kind of after a dear college friend. We choose her first name because we both liked it and her big brother could pronounce it.2. How do you define success?
When our kids were in high school and agonizing over what college to go to or what to major in, we always told them that it didn't matter to us one bit what specifically they decided. All that we cared about was that they love God and serve Him with all they have.
And guess what? That's what both of them are doing (and their spouses)! I call that Success. For sure.
3. Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy?
I like watching Wheel of Fortune. I am even thinking of getting the Wii version of it. How fun would that be? To be able to play it whenever I want? Yes, I'm a nerd.
4. If you could own any single object that you don't have now, what would that object be?
I would love to own a dishwasher that actually cleans and is quiet. (And not pay any money for it.) We had a great one in our previous house. It cleaned and was nice and quiet. The noise of this one is about to drive me batty.5. What is something that inspires you?
My daughter. She is an amazing young woman. She is kind, loves God, is talented, smarter than smart, a great cook, fun, not afraid to try something new, and she is beautiful. See what a beautiful bride she was?
6. Meatloaf-yea or nay? If its a yay how do you make yours?
I do like meatloaf, but I haven't eaten it or made it in a very looong time. I think if I did make it again, I'd like to get one of those pans that drains the fat away. Do those work? Does anyone have one and use it?
7. Which is more admirable- the ability to organize and be methodical or the ability to adapt and make do?
Yes. Both are admirable and good qualities. Although I will say that I lean more towards liking and admiring the ability to organize and be methodical. (I did marry and engineer, after all.)8. Insert your own random thought here.
I had a hard time sleeping the other night. Maybe I should try this: (anyone else a Mr. Bean fan?)

10 comments:
Mr. Bean!! We love him...I have to find my favorite clip but we might have only found it funny because we had to drive in the UK...it was all about the speed cameras.
I cook my meatloaf in a regular loaf pan...the loaf shrinks and I lift it out and the fat is all left in the pan (most of it anyway). I've never tried the pans that drain.
Enjoyed your answers! I am with you on Wheel of Fortune, I enjoy that one. Your daughter was a beautiful bride, that was a good answer. My daughter does inspire me also.
until next time... nel
Mr Bean was HUGE at our house too!
That's funny that you chose the name based on your son's ability to pronounce it...I know someone else who did that. Yeah, I GET the "I married an engineer" sentiment! Have a fab. day!
what a beautiful picture of your daughter! i just love her dress!
Gotta love Mr. Bean!!
You have some great answers.
I especially like #2
You do have a beautiful daughter.
Love your answers. I'm thinking of getting Jeopardy for the Wii. Didn't even know it was available till just before Christmas. A quiet dishwasher? Yes, that would be awesome. I run mine at night just so I don't have to listen to it. What a wonderful tribute to your daughter. And, you're right, she was a beautiful bride!
Enjoyed reading your answers. Mr.Bean is so funny. Hope you enjoy the rest of your week.
Mr. Bean is hilarious.
Loved your answer about success. In fact, loved all your answers!
Enjoyed your answers. Your daughter was a beautiful bride!!!!
Post a Comment