Sunday, January 30, 2011

What's Been Going On...

Outside my window... Snow Snow Snow Snow Snow.

I am thinking
... about having to get a crown on a tooth tomorrow. That will be the most extensive dental work I've ever had done and I am quite nervous about it.

I am thankful for... the fact that ALWAYS God is on His throne and Jesus is sitting at His right hand.

I am wearing... a gray sweater I bought last summer for $8. I love it and have received several compliments on it.

I am going
... to get my sewing room in order. I am going to get my sewing room in order. I am going to get my sewing room in order. (This afternoon, I emptied out a box that was in there and threw some things away (!) and put the other things in their proper place.)

I am currently reading
...Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis and Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon. (I need to mix a thinker book with a fun one.)

I am hoping... we have good weather in a couple weeks when we are planning on heading to see our kids and to see some basketball. (Hubby got tickets as a Christmas gift to see KU [our kids' school] and ISU [our Alma Mater] play each other in basketball.)

Noticing that
... snow mobiles out in the field next to our house wakes me up from my Sunday afternoon nap. Hmph.

Pondering these words... Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow. Seeing all the snow helps to visualize it.
Still. Mind. Boggling.
 
From the kitchen... I've been having fun using some new kitchen toys I got for Christmas and birthday gifts. I think I am going to like the food processor. Next time I won't make Pico de Gallo Mush. I used it to chop some cilantro and it worked really well! (And I did NOT end up with cilantro paste!) I was so proud that I didn't get all lost in the watching the blade go round and round. :)

One of my favorite things
... Spending time with my husband. (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that here before a time or two.)

From my picture journal...
I don't think I ever posted a picture of the BEAUTIFUL roses my daughter and son-in-law sent me for my birthday. They lasted a little more than a week and I just loved seeing them and smelling them.

1 comment:

Jenny - AKA - frogmama said...

Those roses are beautiful! I love the variety of colors! So much more interesting than one color :)