Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pico de Gallo (Pioneer Woman)

Hello all! My name is Amanda, and I'm a new contributor to Just Enough Light and new to the blog world in general. A few things about me... just so I don't feel like we're strangers ...

I'm married to a wonderful man who loves God.

I have an outstanding mother-in-law who organized this exciting tour of Pioneer Woman's cookbook.

I'm also in medical school, and I enjoy everything about it except that we don't get snow days. :)

I also love cooking and eating good food.

This week I made a deliciously simple Pico de Gallo.


In typical PW fashion, we have the cast of characters:
Roma tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime and salt
(By the way, the recipe in the cookbook doesn't include amounts or numbers, so I kinda estimated.)

I sliced up the onion and tomatoes. I took the seeds and squishy stuff out of the tomatoes. It's just less messy that way.

I need to improve my herb-chopping skills. I always end up with bigger bits than I want. Perhaps this will be a job for my new food processor.

Yummy cilantro!

Jalapeños are great to cook with until you accidentally touch your eyes. Ouch!

Stress relief after getting jalapeño in my eye. Also, I love the smell of limes. So fresh and wonderful.


The finished product. Perfect addition to tacos ... or eaten by the spoonful. :)
I would like to thank my husband for photographing this and future food posts. He did a great job considering the terrible fluorescent lighting in our apartment.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Wonderful post, Amanda! Cooking through PW's cookbook is going to be sooo much fun!

Peter said...

Looks delicious! Too bad we live to far away to come try yours.