Hi! I'm Megan, the third contributer to the "Pioneer Woman" blog.
I actually made the Roasted Corn Salad a couple weeks ago for dinner. But I've had a few distractions in the past two weeks that prevented me from getting this written. One being this adorable little guy:Here's the vegetable ingredients:
As I was picking these out at the grocery store, I was dreaming about picking all of these delicious vegetables straight from the garden. If you want to try this recipe I would highly recommend doing it during the summertime. Although, even in the wintertime it was amazing.
I used our cast iron grill pan to cook the corn, squash, onions and pepper. The recipe said to just cook them on the stove for approximately eight minutes, but I found that they weren't fully cooked, so I popped them in the oven on broil for a few minutes. That did the trick!
The next step was to mix up the delicious dressing!
Here are the ingredients:

Here are the ingredients:
Ree suggested to chop up the basil by cutting into the chiffonade (aka tightly rolled leaves). It gives you nice thin strips of basil. I've been cutting my basil this way for a while, but now I know the name! :)
The finished product was delicious. My brother even said he didn't really notice the squash and tomatoes (he's not a fan of those). We served it with tortilla chips and tacos, but I can imagine that it would be wonderful with steak or chicken.
3 comments:
Yay Megan! Great post! (and great way of sneaking a picture of Charley in there...) ;)
looks tasty!
...do you think it would be good with fresh cilantro? (maybe instead of basil - though that is super yummy too)
The cilantro would be okay, but I think I would definitely prefer basil. With the flavors of olive oil, balsamic vinegar,and garlic, I just feel like the basil is a better fit.
Post a Comment