Thursday, January 6, 2011

BBQ Jalapeno Poppers (Pioneer Woman)

The momentous first installment of our great adventure of cooking through Pioneer Woman Cooks.

Drum roll, please....

On New Year's Eve, Megan (daughter), Amanda (daughter-in-law), and I made the first recipe in Pioneer Woman's cookbook: BBQ Jalapeno Poppers.

(See what a great cookbook this is with all the helpful pictures and detailed instructions?)


Megan took on the task of cutting and seeding the jalapenos.


Me and my girls with the jalapenos ready to be stuffed!


Stuffed with the cream cheese/cheddar cheese mixture and wrapping with bacon. Yum! We found that about 3/4 of a piece of bacon covered the best. (Guess what Megan fixed for breakfast the next morning?)

Brush with BBQ sauce. Pouring it on your fingers first is optional.

Mmmmmm!!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Those look YUMMY!! I want to try it too. :-) Susan

Drew and Rachel said...

oh careful! wear gloves when working with hot peppers!

Joyce said...

These look good...haven't tried this one yet but I'm sure I can find a reason : )

Olson Family said...

Is that a Famous Dave's bottle of sauce in the background? Sigh.... After a 5 year Jalapeno fast (they are nary to be found in Switzerland except pickled in a jar with nooooo hint of HOT left), I can't wait to return to the land of "whatever I need to eat, I can find somewhere!" :)