Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cake

I have gotten a lot of comments on the dessert recipes I have posted on the blog. A couple of weeks ago I received a nice note in the mail (Yes! The Real Mail!) from my sister-in-law. She told me she was making a couple of the cakes that week as her girls were home for spring break. I thought that was sweet. Then I noticed that she included a favorite cake recipe of my nieces. That's what I made for small group this week.
1 box yellow cake mix
1 package instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup water
4 eggs
8 ounces sour cream
6 ounces chocolate chips

In a large bowl, combine cake cake mix and pudding mix until there is no lumps. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Bake in a greased and floured bundt pan at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. Cool in pan for at least 1/2 hour, if you don't want a disaster.


Note: I thought baking the cake in the bundt pan I have that has tulips on it would be springy. The only problem is, the pan was about 2 cups too small. It baked all the way through okay, but kind of over-flowed. Notice you can't see the hole in the middle. Oops.

Glaze:
4 ounces (1/2 cup) white chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons shortening

Melt and combine. Drizzle over cooled cake.

4 ounces (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons shortening

Melt, let cool a bit and drizzle over white chocolate.
The tulip design is pretty much hidden under all that glaze. Oh well.



Thanks Kathy for the recipe! It was a big hit. Every really liked it. Got any more recipes to share? :)


No comments: