I really enjoyed the road time with my dear husband. It was great to talk without distractions. He even was willing to indulge me with supper at Famous Dave's. I had some weird craving for ribs. I hardly ever order them. But we did and they were YUMMY! :)
I bought Pete a book for his birthday called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. Pete had the idea for us to read it to each other while we were driving. So we managed to get 5 or 6 chapters read. Man, that guy doesn't mince words. It's good. Read it.
We had good visits with our parents. Pete's dad sent us home with a bunch of pansies he started and part of a houseplant he thinned out. We came away from my parents with a lawn mower and a computer monitor! Those were both huge blessings. The funny thing about all that stuff was the car we decided to drive. We drove the Mazda3 instead of the Toyota Highlander because it gets better gas mileage and there was only two of us. The lawnmower got stuffed into the trunk and the suitcase was in the back seat. The only downside was the rotten grass smell we got to breath in on the trip home... Yuck.
As I wandered around my parents' house I saw that I had left my mark. There are all sorts of things that I made in that house. I decided to take pictures of them because after all I need pictures for my blog! Of course!
This first one is actually at my in-laws. My mother-in-law has it hanging in her kitchen. She works hard on meals for her husband every day and for us when we visit. I remember thinking this was perfect for her.
I made this quilt wall hanging for my parents to commemorate their 50th anniversary trip with the family. We had all gone to Door County, WI to celebrate. I remembered she had this fabric from vacations to Door County in the 70s. She had never used it for anything, so I "borrowed" the fabric to make a quilt for her. Simple, but full of memories.
The following pictures are several counted cross-stitch pictures I have made over time.
This one is Proverbs 31
She also collects angel figurines. I found this kit at Micheal's I think.
I remember making this pillow because sometimes my mom has a hard time falling asleep at night.
Pete and I actually made this one together for my dad. My dad grew up on a farm. The sky is half cross-stitches and there is snowflakes all over. Pete did a lot of those for me.
Oh and here is the best for last! Don't you just love it?
I didn't make this one. God created the subject. :)

6 comments:
Judy,
You left your mark in our home, too. Near my computer hangs a cross stitch you made for our wedding. The words are from 1 Corinthians 13 - the Love chapter. Pete did the matting and framing. Many photos and frames have stayed in boxes and totes during all our moves, but this one deserves to get viewed at all times. Thanks again, in case I forgot to tell you 25+ years ago!
Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing - love how much your photo looks like the kids!
WHOA! It's seventies Megan!
How did you get your hair to part in the middle and look decent?
Megan - If you look really close, it isn't exactly in the middle. That was my more natural part - just off center. And I guess I was just a natural beauty, what can I say? :)
Aren't parents wonderful to keep our handmade gifts on display? You have been busy throughout the years!
Post a Comment