Tonight before we left the Twin Cities we had a wonderful evening with some very good friends. You know, the kind of friends that when you part, you feel refreshed. These are rare friends indeed. I wish so much that they didn't live 2 1/2 hours away.
A few months ago when we were having dinner with them, I made a comment that it seemed like I had made a quilt for everyone I know. Our friend piped up and said I hadn't made one for him. Being the addicted-to-quilting-person I am, I immediately started thinking of what I could make. Since our friends' family name is Moose, I knew I had to find some fabric with a moose on it.
First, here is the label I made for the quilt:
The line of fabric is called Trails' End by Holly Taylor for Moda Fabrics.
One of the fabrics in the line had these rows of moose and rows of bears. I cut the moose strips out and pieced it together for the backing. I love how it turned out!
Our friend said she loved the colors and it went well with their house.
See the little moose and bears? It was so fun to find the perfect fabric for the Mooses.
I had it quilted with a leaf design which went just perfectly with the fabrics!
2 comments:
Love it! We like thise Mooses too!
Adorable quilt! Your friends are so blessed!
Post a Comment