Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Very Own

Last December 5, a questions in the Wednesday Hodgepodge  was whether or not we liked Fruitcake. My answer, in part, was::
"My mom always makes fruitcake and I really like it. She forgets that I like and thinks my brother is the only one who likes it. :) I hope she makes it this year..."

We celebrated Christmas with my side of the family the weekend before Christmas. On Sunday we met everyone at church for worship. My mom walked up to me, unzipped my purse, and proceeded to stuff something wrapped in aluminum foil in there. I looked down and grinned. I knew what was in there.

My very own Fruitcake.

When we got home, I put it in the freezer to save for later. Yesterday I thawed it out and this morning I enjoyed several slices for breakfast.

  Mmmmmm!!!
Thanks, Mom! It's very yummy!

1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

So glad you got some fruitcake this year.