So you'd think I would stop looking at dishes, huh?
Well...
Last fall I was wandering through a Crate & Barrel store (one of my favorite things to do) and a set of dishes caught my eye. They had an Asian theme to them. On a whim, I added those dishes to my Christmas list and my sweet hubby
Last night I fixed Fried Rice with some egg rolls and thought it was a perfect time to use those dishes. (See the bottle of soy sauce with the price tag sticker on top? It's one I bought when we lived in Singapore. I keep refilling it. I left the sticker on the lid because it says "Tanglin Market" the name of the grocery store I shopped at. Call me sentimental.)
Sooo many things I love about the dishes: The green square plate, the ginkgo leaf shaped plate and motif on the other plates, the little ginkgo bowls for sauces.
It just makes meal time fun when the dishes are fun.
(I like Ginkgo trees. I bought an artificial one when we live in Singapore You can see it behind Megan in this photo.) (She's working hard on a Christmas craft.)
1 comment:
I knew we were kindred spirits. That first sentence confirms it : )
p.s.-you can never have too many dishes
Post a Comment