Monday, January 7, 2013

Good Grief

It's January 7th and I haven't written a single blog post this year. Yikes. Not the way I intended to start out the year in the blogging world. I blame it on a headache. A headache that started on New Year's Eve with sharp pains in the back of my head and on the left side of my face. New Year's Day I woke up with a splitting headache -- the kind that makes you just want to crawl back in to bed. But that day I couldn't. Hubby and I were out of town for the long weekend and were checking out of the hotel that morning and going to a basketball game at the college we went to. Hubby had really been looking forward to going to the game, that even though he offered to skip the game and just drive home, I just couldn't let him miss the game. I sat through the first half with him and then spent the second half in the bathroom away from the noise. Pathetic, I know.

Sorry, I don't mean to make this a health report, but now my readers know why I haven't been writing.

I had that headache for two more days. Friday was the first day all week that I felt (mostly) okay. Then I had all that laundry to catch up on. And a new quilt to start. And Season 2 of Downton Abbey to watch. And the first show of Season 3 of Downton Abbey to watch.

I will write tomorrow about our New Year's weekend. It was just the two of us, but we enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Sandy Cutshall said...

So sorry to hear about your headache. Glad you are getting better and back to your projects. (I could have taken that extra ticket....)

But that day, we were doing another walk-through of the HOUSE we are going to buy! Finally - after over 3 years in this 2-bedroom apartment! It's a 1 1/2 story, but has a full basement. Maybe you can visit sometime, after we move into it in February!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Hope that you're feeling MUCH better now.

I can't wait to see your new quilt ... what pattern are you going to make?