When our wonderful, relaxing cruise to Alaska was over, we spent a few days seeing the sights in Seattle.
This post is purely for memories/entertainment for us and the kids. One of the things we purposely did was go to the grocery store in Chinatown. Since we lived in Singapore for three years, it held much interest for us. I felt a little silly taking pictures in the grocery store, but it brought back fun memories.
 |
| Just a few choices of soy sauce. I remember being amazed at the amount there was to choose from! The American grocery stores seem do pitiful with their two or three brands. |
 |
| Every time I went into a jewelry store, I was offered either a bottle of water (which I took) or Chrysanthemum Tea. (Yuck.) It always made me laugh. For a time, it was even offered as the free gift for "topping up" your gas tank at the filling station. It sounded just weird enough I never tasted it. |
 |
| Now that's a bag of rice.... |
 |
| The ice cream choices where sure, um different.... (can you see it says: Green Tea & Red Bean Milky Ice Bar?) |
 |
| One of the famous dishes in Singapore is Fish Head Curry. (I never had that either. Not a fan of curry or fish heads.) (Especially with those eyes looking at me.) I had a Singaporean friend when we lived in Missouri and she commented once how she could find any fish heads. I told her there was a good reason. (ick) |
|
|
 |
| Prawns anyone? Butter Prawns? Drunken Prawns? Mmmm. I'm hungry! |
|
|
|
 |
| We found a very good Chinese Restaurant to eat lunch at. We did not order anything off of this page.... (the Twice Cooked Pork Szechuan Style and the Pork with Hot Garlic Sauce sound good.) (And why is there a chicken dish on the list of Pork dishes?!) |
|
|
We really did have fun reminiscing about food shopping and eating in Singapore
4 comments:
So funny! The soy sauce is like our BBQ sauce isle! And the Crysanthemum tea made me think of the Clorophyll Trident gum when I was in France, lol - I bought a pack and it took me months before I had the guts to try it. Here it was a mint flavor!
Judy - those just aren't ANY fish heads...those are *assorted* fish heads! LOL!! And mmmmm....I loved twice cooked pork - so spicy and so good!! Love Seattle...glad you had a good time there!
I heart Asia.
Ant On A Tree. I want to know what that is SO badly.
Post a Comment