
1. Do you do garage sales? If so, tell me about one great find. If not, tell me why not.
I really don't like garage sales. I don't like sorting through other people's junk on the hopes of a great find. I have had a few, and really don't want to do another, but we do have lots of things to get rid of...
I haven't been to a garage sale for years. I do have a really great find story. I bought a coffee maker for $2.50 that I used for over 10 years (and only had to buy a new one because the carafe got broken). We are not coffee drinkers, but have friends and family who are. I think I got my money's worth out of that.
2. Name the last thing you fixed.
I fixed dinner for my husband! (I think that counts, even if it was leftovers.) 3. Name your A)Favorite item of makeup OR B)Favorite tool
I'd have to say my eyelash curler! It fits both A & B! I won't show you a picture of it, because it's well used and kind of icky looking. I have tried and tried to find a new one, but they just aren't the same.4. Which room in your home needs organizing more than any other?
Which one room needs organizing more? There's a debate between the garage, the shop or my sewing room. Then there's the living room that has all my decorating things all over it. (moving will do that)
5. Which room could use re-decorating?
Ummmm... seeing as we have been in this house less than three months, all of them. It's slowly coming together. I tried to talk an interior designer friend into helping me, but she's too busy, so I guess it's up to me.
6. Share something unique about your town.
If you look close, you can see that this is a picture of what I like to call ThePizzaHutCarWash. Yes. In the same building. I'd say this was very unique.
7. If you could send a one-sentence message to your great-grandchild, what would it be?
Love and serve God. Follow the Bible. Nothing is more important. (I guess that's three sentences.)8. Do you Facebook?
Yep! (I love that it's a verb...) It's been kind of fun. I've enjoyed being able to find old friends and keep up with others. I have several Scrabble games going with different people on Facebook. (I don't know why I keep playing with my hubby, he always beats me by more that 150 points.)
9. Describe your favorite shoes.
It depends on the season. This summer it has been my Croc flip-flops. Sadly, I think their days are numbered here in the Great White North.
For the winter I have some slip-on sneaker-type shoes. (I'll admit they're not very cute.) I'm all about not having to tie my shoes. Living in Asia for three years did that for me. I've had the same dressier clogs for close to 9 years. They are showing their age, and I've been trying to find some to replace them for three or four years. I have some on order right now. Hopefully they'll be the ticket!
10. Do you listen to more talk radio or more music radio? What kind of station is it?
I prefer music radio. I enjoy listening to Christian radio. In this part of the state, there really aren't any good stations to listen to. There are two Christian radio stations I've found, but I'm not a total fan of the type of music on either one. I try to listen to talk programs on one of them.
11. How far would you travel for a really good (favorite) meal?
Well, seeing as we live in a small rural town in the middle of rural-ness..... we do drive a distance to go out to eat. It's usually an hour to an hour and a half.
12. If you were totally honest with yourself (and us) what should you probably be doing right now instead of blogging?
Decorating? Organizing? Sleeping? But wait, blogging is important...!

10 comments:
Settling into a new place can be fun AND intimidating in terms of decorating! Maybe you need to host a blog fest with photos and ask people to give you ideas. You don't have to TAKE the ideas!!!
Well I didn't count my basement because it is organized. It just has a bunch of boxes that need to be gone thru and I have to figure out what to keep and what to toss. A lot of them are things from my girls childhood and I'm just not up to going thru it all right now.
Love the Pizza Hut car wash! That's ingenuity at its finest!
Random Dozens are so fun!!
Really? A Pizza Hut car wash?? Good thing you included a picture - I'm not sure I could have grasped that concept without a visual!!
I guess they have the whole conveyer system down between pizza ovens and carwashes--how fun! I remember when my kids were really little how much they loved going thru carwashes!
Ahhh...slip-on shoes...they are the epitome of laziness but oh so convenient!! Enjoyed your answers!
I am loving the Pizzahutcarwash!! I would go just to see it all. lol Great list!
Love the pizza house/car wash. Guess you can leave your car while you go eat. Cleaver! Enjoyed your answers today. Blessings to you for a wonderful rest of the week!
Wow...so many people are loving their Crocs! Looks like I may need to get a pair.
Really enjoyed visiting your blog!
So far you have the most unique "thing" posted. Nothing like one stop shopping!
I need to go back to bed... I somehow skipped over the dinner part and read that you "fixed your husband."
Glad I did the double take to see what it really said haha!
Post a Comment