I've been trying to come up with a theme for a blog post. I just keep coming up with unrelated, random thoughts, so I guess I'll just go with that and have a brain dump.
1. Last Sunday as we were driving to church (in another town), a bird flew across the highway and I heard a thump. I turned to the hubby and said, "I think you hit that one." THREE days later I happened to see this as I walked towards my car in a parking lot:
I wasn't sure if I should laugh or be grossed out. (It was a combo of both.) At home, I left the car in the driveway so my man could dispose of it like a man should do. (Which made total sense to me even though it had been in and out of the garage since Sunday.)
2.Sometimes I like to go out to eat by myself. (Like for lunch when my hubby is working. I don't just randomly go out for a meal and leave him home alone.) I've noticed that when I tell the hostess I'm a party of one, they most often respond with, "Just one?" I've never heard them say, when I'm with more people, "Just four?" Just an observation.
3. I may or may not have mentioned that we recently moved to a smaller town. I once thought an advantage to moving was you'd leave all the junk mail behind. Nope. It follows you. Seriously. Somehow, there must be an agreement with the post office to give some places your forwarding address. Annoying.
4. Have I mentioned we live in a small town? No? How neglectful of me. ;) I've noticed that the town seems to not be very updated in a lot of areas. There are a lot of old houses and crummy looking businesses. I came across this sign on the back side of the JCPenney store. I remember that logo from when I was little. I Googled it and this logo was used from 1963-1971. Sheesh!
5. The season is changing. I fear winter in the Great White North is not far away. Time to dig out the warmer clothes and put the summer things away. But, that will likely involve throwing away some of my most comfortable PJ bottoms. I. Can't. Do. That. Easily. I've had them for over 10 years. Have I mentioned the are comfortable? What's the problem? There is less space holding the waistband on than not. In other words. Holes. I guess that's what 10 plus years of use will do. **SIGH**
6. I feel I must revisit the classy PizzaHutCarWash that represents the weirdness of this town.
7. I have a problem. I can't cut straight. Whenever I make bars or a cake, I ask my husband to cut it up. Don't believe me? Check out this pizza I tried to cut up myself for supper one night:
I guess there is a choice of sizes for each person.
8. This just makes me laugh.
9. Speaking of laughing. This blog, (Cake Wrecks) is always good for a laugh! (Oh, except on Sundays, they actually have a serious post. But every other day is great.) Check it out.
10. Try as I might, I can't come up with ten things to dump out of my brain. Oh well. Deal with it.


1 comment:
The bird ranks right up there with the dead mouse in my kitchen this morning. I was loading the dishwasher and when I closed it, there it was. I screamed for my husband and when I told him he thought it was hilarious. Told me to get a paper towel, grab him by the tail, and throw him away. I said I think not.
Post a Comment