...come and let us walk in the light of the Lord. Isaiah 2:3
Monday, September 27, 2010
Food! Glorious Food!
This is my long-overdue post-full-of-food-pictures from our Alaskan Cruise in July. So, what other title could I come up with other than what I did? I saw the musical Oliver when I was about 10 and fell in love with it. The title made me go hunt for this video:
My hubby's cousin wanted to know all about the food on the cruise, so I attempted to photograph almost everything we ate. I won't post all of the photos, but believe me, there are enough ahead to make me hungry all over again.
This was undoubtedly the best steak I have ever eaten. Tucked behind it there is a stack of au gratin potatoes. Mmmm.
Chocolate dessert. Yes, it was as good as it looks.
Salmon and asparagus my hubby had, I lost count of how many times he ate salmon.
This was a shrimp and crab salad sandwich. And really different, but oh so yummy chips.
These? Oh, these were my weakness. Soft pretzel bread sticks. Heaven.
Our breakfast feast one morning. I loved everything that was in that bread basket. I was so hungry I ate half my omelet before I remembered to take a picture.
One evening we decided to go find a snack. I started out with good intentions. Some cucumber slices, bleu cheese crumbles, caraway cheese slices. Then I saw The Breadsticks. Oh there was some Ham. And that Macaroni and Cheese looked good. And who could walk by a Chocolate Chip Cookie?
We signed up for this special meal the day we were cruising in Glacier Bay National Park. The Salmon was amazing.
And the special meal was complete with, what else? Baked Alaska!
A Shrimp Spring Roll appetizer. So pretty!
Milk Chocolate Mousse. Oh wow. Had this more than once.
Chicken and Mashed Potatoes. That gravy was amazing.
Cheesecake. 'Nough said.
Some fish the hubby had.
Warning for the photos ahead. One evening on the cruise they offered a ..... ready for this????? CHOCOLATE BUFFET!!! Oh my. It started at 10pm. Enjoy the chocolate loveliness.
Look! Chocolate as far as the eye could see!
I think that's a great place to end this post. Somehow I wish there was a way to eat yourself silly on a cruise and then make the food last so you wouldn't have to eat for the next three weeks to balance things out.
We've been wanting to take a cruise pretty much since we first got married. This was on the NCL, right? Have you been on other cruise lines?? We were fairly decided on a NCL one at one point... Anyway, I'm glad you guys got to take such a fun trip! I've heard the Alaskan cruises are great!
Ohhh dear. I might have to get the chocolate chips out of the freezer and make some cookies now.
And you know how sometimes your blog posts have a collage of topics, Judy? Well I think that variety is one of this blog's strengths. It's a good thing.
5 comments:
Yummmmmm..........
If I wasn't hungry before, I sure am now. Looks delicious!!
We've been wanting to take a cruise pretty much since we first got married. This was on the NCL, right? Have you been on other cruise lines?? We were fairly decided on a NCL one at one point... Anyway, I'm glad you guys got to take such a fun trip! I've heard the Alaskan cruises are great!
I may never go on an Alaskan cruise, but my son has made Baked Alaska! Yummmm!
Ohhh dear. I might have to get the chocolate chips out of the freezer and make some cookies now.
And you know how sometimes your blog posts have a collage of topics, Judy? Well I think that variety is one of this blog's strengths. It's a good thing.
Post a Comment