...come and let us walk in the light of the Lord. Isaiah 2:3
Monday, January 18, 2010
Daily Photo Journal - January 18
The only way I can parallel park....there has to be two empty spaces, so I can just drive into the parking space.Did Driver's Education fail me, or did I fail Driver's Education?
An example of my failed attempt. You don't see my awful try, just Megan and her look of smugness triumph on her face. (This was a rental car when I visited Megan last fall.) (You can click on the picture to see her face more closely.)
I used to be good at paralell parking... until I got that minivan. I think it has something to do with being up so much higher than the bumper - you can't see the other car behind you as well.
They always told me in drivers ed to pull up alongside the front car(like up to their side mirrors?) and then crank the wheel all the way over and back in. ... I think that's easier than pulling in and then backing up... but I cant park anymore so what am I talking about?? lol..depends on the turning radius of the car, too.
I can still remember when I was trying to get my driver's license so many years ago. I failed the test a couple of times because I couldn't parallel park. My Dad finally took me to the next county where all you had to do is drive around the block. No parallel parking. I can do it now, but not that good at it. Fortunately there's nowhere here that I have too.
2 comments:
I used to be good at paralell parking... until I got that minivan. I think it has something to do with being up so much higher than the bumper - you can't see the other car behind you as well.
They always told me in drivers ed to pull up alongside the front car(like up to their side mirrors?) and then crank the wheel all the way over and back in. ... I think that's easier than pulling in and then backing up... but I cant park anymore so what am I talking about?? lol..depends on the turning radius of the car, too.
I can still remember when I was trying to get my driver's license so many years ago. I failed the test a couple of times because I couldn't parallel park. My Dad finally took me to the next county where all you had to do is drive around the block. No parallel parking. I can do it now, but not that good at it. Fortunately there's nowhere here that I have too.
Post a Comment