Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Random Dozen


Since I have been posting a photo everyday I haven't taken very much time to actually write a post. I hope my one or four readers have enjoyed my pictures. Today I will once again answer Linda@2nd Cup of Coffee's dozen random questions. She does a great job thinking up these questions week after week. Maybe you'll even learn something new about me. (?) Click on the button to go to Linda's blog and find more bloggers participating in this.
1. So I was thinking about how Jon Bon Jovi never seems to age much. His hair is smaller nowadays, but he still manages to look like a boy somehow. And then that made me think of the story of Dorian Gray. Question: If you physically lock in one age for yourself, which would you choose and why?
I think somewhere between 30 and 35.  Before I was too overweight and before the gray was out of hand. (I could keep it under control with a pluck here and there.) But I can't go back, so I'll just pay to keep the gray under control, and hopefully my new torture machine err... exercise equipment will help the weight. So then I can just pretend I'm 35. Right.

2. What is the best dish that you cook or bake (your piece de resistance?)
I asked the hubby. He said, "Hmmmm.... has to be your Lasagna." I think I agree. We're having company this weekend and I have some in the freezer. Yum. I'm hungry. 

3. When you feel blue, what is one strategy you use to help yourself back to normal?
I don't think I have a strategy other than time. Waiting it out. I stink at trying to get myself "unblue".(Maybe as I read the others' answers, I'll find some good ideas.)

4. When was the last time you danced in public?
Does a wedding count as public? If so, I guess it was a wedding about a year and a half ago. I don't really like to dance, mostly because I'm not very good at it. My husband and I took dance lessons last year. It didn't help my ability at all. If "public" means down the street.... I have no memory of ever doing that. :) Whew.

5. Do you consider yourself a realist or dreamer?
A realist. I think I'm too much of a pessimist to be a dreamer.

6. As a parent, what is one thing that you have done well?
Introduced them to the Person of Jesus Christ. I am floored that they both choose to give their lives to following Him. (That and I taught them both how to make macaroni and cheese and how to burn one, only one, side of a grilled cheese sandwich.)

7. Which is your favorite character on the Andy Griffith show?
Andy himself. I love how he handles Barney's foibles so gently and always finds a lesson. But don't you think he should have committed to Helen at some point?

8. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?
Probably a 4. I should know more.

9. Have you never been mellow? Have you never tried … to find a comfort from inside you? (Sorry, Jorge was singing that song just now, and it just seemed to be perfect timing as I was creating this week’s questions.) REAL question: What is your #1 driving pet peeve?
Old People who sit at a 4-way stop and try to be "nice" and let others go first and then crreeeepp through the intersection. Sometimes I feel like I need to get out of my car and hurry them along help them through.

10. Which color best represents your mood today? Care to elaborate?
Not quite gray. What color is that? I had a good couple of days away by myself. Before that I have had a long stretch of gray-ness.

11. If your spouse were an animal, which would he/she be? 
I pretty much loath these kinds of questions. But, I think, Cheetah because he likes to run. And he's cute. (Are Cheetahs cute?)

12. What activity takes up the bulk of your time on an average day?
Showering, make-up and hair. I honestly don't know how to make it go faster. Sadly, because I don't want to spend too much time doing all that, I skip part or all of it all too often.

11 comments:

Olson Family said...

So - one side of the grilled cheese sandwich is burned? Is it the first side because you forgot to flip and then are careful with the second OR the second side which tends to cook faster than the first?
Did one or the other happen when the kids were little and they just decided that grilled cheese tasted best with one side burnt?
:) Couldn't resist the ?'s - I'm feeling better and I thought your answer was funny & cute.

Jill said...

#12 made me laugh, and I totally get #9. Good answers.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Great answers, #9 cracks me up, I am remembering more of my driving pet peeves as I am reading these :)

Kim said...

Now I'm hungry too! Haven't had lasagna in ages.

I'm sure husbands (and a few wives) everywhere are raising eyebrows over some of our answers about what kind of animal they are. lol

Thena said...

My oldest daughter actually likes her grilled ham and cheese almost burnt. Strange that you mentioned that you taught your girls how to only burn one side.

Joyce said...

I like a 'well done' grilled cheese. I get #9...I have to work at being a patient driver. There is an art to that I think.

Judy said...

Susan: The one-sided burnt grilled cheese is because I forget to flip the first side (you were right!) as I was busy getting other things ready for lunch. I didn't even realize that I did that very consistently until the first time one of them ordered a grilled cheese and said it wasn't quite right because it wasn't burnt on one side. It makes me laugh.

Angie said...

I agree with # 9!

Didn't even think about # 12. I always wanted to be Mrs. Jetson where a contraption comes down from the ceiling and gets me ready in the blink of an eye. Why do we have to spend so much time getting ready!!!

Maude Lynn said...

Only one side of the grilled cheese - that made me laugh!

Susanne said...

Yum, lasagna. My sister has dibs on doing the best lasagna in our family.

Your grilled cheese made me laugh. I'm like that with pancakes. LOL.

Cathy said...

Lasagna was mine too!