Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Our Mini 25th Anniversary Get-Away

July 28th marked 25 years of marriage. Pete and I were able to get away for a day and a half. We found a neat Bed&Breakfast less than an hour and a half away.
This was right on a lake. When we looked out the window from our room all we could see was water.

A neat thing we got to do that night was to grill our own supper. Here's my hubby hard at work:
And me being happy/silly. (I like me better without glasses... might need to look into contacts...)

Pete's supper:

My supper. Notice the shape of the Chicken breast? It's a heart. Isn't that romantic?

We watched the sunset over the lake. So pretty!


4 comments:

Peter said...

Good thing the sun isn't setting on our love. :) Thanks for the fun getaway! It was fun to spend a day and a half with you.

Sandy Cutshall said...

I remember that day 25 years ago, because I was there! Funny, on our 25th last October, we updated our will in our attorney's office. Isn't that a fun way to celebrate? But then we had lunch with my family, and walked through the church where we were married. The next day we drove to Ames and saw "Fireproof", stayed in a motel, and after that visited Reiman Gardens. It was lovely!

Carol Wildman said...

I was there too. Had a great day... it was beautiful. I remember going out to get your sister mcdonald's cheeseburgers (she was pregnant). The whole weekend was fun. You introduced me to my first chinese restaurant. I always loved being with your family...they're great!

Note to Sandy: You think signing wills on your anniversary is fun try it on your wedding day. You guys probably didn't know but on our wedding day we have pictures of us signing our "marriage certificate" but they were actually our wills. Sounds like a Chuck thing..well .. I love him anyway- actually because he's that way.

Michelle said...

How romantic. Love the heart shaped chicken breast!