When I became a mom a little more than 22 years ago, I was overwhelmed with how unprepared I was for taking care of that sweet baby boy. Everyone else made it seem so easy; like they knew exactly what to do. I remember my grandma asking me why my baby was crying and I had no clue and he was several months old at the time.
Over time I did kind of learn how to be a mom. Quite often I still felt like I was winging it. But I did get the hang of it. And I really, really loved it.
Now I am tossed into this new phase of life. No kids at home any more. I have NO clue how to be a mother-in-law. I have NO idea how to be a mother to my married son. I have NO clue how to be a mom to my oh-so-independent-sophomore-in-college-daughter.
I find myself praying at night:
"Jesus today I am tired." "Satisfy me each morning with your unfailing love, so That I may sing for joy to the end of our lives. " (Ps 90:14)
I honestly don't know what else to pray for.
No comments:
Post a Comment