Tuesday, July 28, 2009

25 Years

Dearest Peter,

Today we celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. I thought I would tell you 25 reason why I love you. The best part? I get to keep adding to this list year after year after year.
  1. I love you because you desire and pursue a relationship with God.
  2. I love you because you are an amazing father and I look forward to being an in-law with you.
  3. I love you because you are committed to me and our marriage.
  4. I love you because treat me like a queen.
  5. I love you because you desire for me to be happy and work hard to make me happy.
  6. I love you because you encourage me to pursue my interests.
  7. I love you because you like my cooking.
  8. I love you because we have years of memories together.
  9. I love you because you give me random kisses and hugs.
  10. I love you because you tell me you love me over and over and over.
  11. I love you because you are a terrific lover.
  12. I love you because you have a fun sense of humor.
  13. I love you because you get my sense of humor and laugh at my jokes.
  14. I love you because I love to make you happy.
  15. I love you because you are a man of character, integrity, and commitment.
  16. I love you because you listen to me vent and still love me.
  17. I love you because you are an excellent piano player.
  18. I love you because you use your musical talents to serve our church.
  19. I love you because you desire to learn how to be a godly leader.
  20. I love you because you are a great provider for this family.
  21. I love you because you are smart.
  22. I love you because you are smart about how to handle our money.
  23. I love you because you are my best friend.
  24. I love you because you are MY man and God gave you to me to love.
  25. I love you because you have never regretted asking me to marry you and I have never regretted saying, "Definitely!"
Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned. Song of Solomon 8:7

Happy 25th Anniversary, Pete! I love you!

Always,

4 comments:

Zach said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mary said...

Congratulations from the Meyer household. Those were great 25 reasons!! I just hope Russ could come up with 2 or 3 if he were asked?!?!?!?!

Olson Family said...

Congratulations - love your sharing the pictures. And love the reasons.

Drew and Rachel said...

I love the pictures!