I have been so darn tired since we got back from the wedding. I'm not sick or anything. Just worn out. I can't really think through a deep, thoughtful subject, so I'll just report what I've been doing.
I've been pretty busy. We got back from the wedding a week ago Tuesday. Wednesday Megan and I popped over to the Mall of America to meet someone I have met through the bloggy
The next couple of days were quiet. Just what I needed.
Saturday we visited with some friends who are home from China for a few weeks. They are young enough to be our kids but we consider them to be close friends. I just wish we had a large chunk of time to sit down and talk. They stopped by our Small Group tonight and it was a bit hard to say good-bye. We've known them since they were 15 or 16 years old.
Sunday Peter and I hit the road again. We drove down to KC to watch Caleb and Amanda open their wedding presents.
On the way home on Monday I got news that my uncle had passed away. I cried. Pete said it for me when he said, "Uncle Mervyn was a good uncle." He was a godly man and was diligent about making sure those he came in contact with knew whether or not they were going to heaven. Uncle Mervyn was the only person who called me Judith and got away with it. (It's not my name.) We hit the road again Friday to go to his funeral.
I'm worn out.
I feel like sometimes I battle the same things over and over again. Feeling unrest. Unsettled. I came across this quote today that sums that up pretty good.

3 comments:
Sorry to hear about your uncle. He must have been a wonderful man. Caleb and Amanda look so happy. Hope you will recover soon from being 'worn out'
I'm praying for you today, dear. Get some rest this weekend. You have been a busy girl!
Judy - sorry to hear about your uncle. Praying there is more rest in your future. Praying that for myself too - and funny how I was "reading ahead" in my Bible during church on Sunday and hit upon "rest from God." His 'perfect' rest. It was a delight to meet you IRL! And your adorable daughter - hope mine grow up as sweet and with a great sense of humor.
We've gone from busy trip to busy work to busy with guests. I need a REAL vacation - alone, in my house - no noise. :) All the best for this week. S
Post a Comment