Friday, July 3, 2009

Wedding Eve

Caleb and Amanda's wedding rehearsal went very smoothly. The rehearsal dinner was great. Our friends Dan, Cheryl, Mike and Jen fixed the whole meal for us and served it and cleaned up. They are WONDERFUL friends. But I forgot to take a picture of them tonight. They were moving too fast to get a picture of the four of them together.

Pretty sure one of my favorite memories was the surprise my husband threw in. After the rehearsal was done and before we headed to the dinner, Peter sat down at the piano and told Amanda and Caleb he had a gift for them from the parents. (The other three of us didn't know anything about this. He started playing and I knew after two or three measures what he was playing and singing.

How to Say Goodbye.

I bawled. Watch the video. You'll cry. I love Peter for doing that. It was a sweet gift.

Below are a few pictures from the rehearsal and the dinner.

Hanging out waiting for people to gather for the rehearsal:

Praying...
Singing:

Practicing:

The tables all set up:

Food table:

Eating:

We shared a neat slide show Megan put together using pictures of Caleb and Amanda growing up and current pictures. It was set to the song The Best Thing by Relient K.

We had some time to share memories and thoughts. I told Amanda that it was a privilege to finally be able to meet her after having prayed for her for over 20 years. (We have been praying for our children's spouses since they were tiny, not even knowing who they would be.) And I thanked her for making my boy happy.

I cried. She cried.

Tomorrow's the big day. (Or as Caleb calls it: The Wedding of Awesomeness.)

Oh man.

No comments: