Megan and I flew to North Carolina yesterday to join my nieces and sisters and mom for some girl time at the beach.
It was kind of a crazy flight(s) here. More on that later.
We lazily got up this morning and I finally got around to putting on my suit and went to hang out at the pool. It's warm here.
Megan and I went out to the ocean and I actually had fun riding the waves with her. I hadn't done that in years! After lunch I agreed to stay in the house and listen for my two year old great-niece, who was napping. I was trying to get on the Internet and pretty soon I hear someone come tearing in the house. It was Megan looking for a towel and some water. She said that Julia (a niece) had gotten bit really bad. At the time I didn't really know what had happened, but when I went to look out at the beach, I saw people all huddled around Julia and no one was in the ocean. Hmmm... didn't look good. Pretty soon I heard sirens. My sister, Beth, (Julia's mom) came running into the house and had the most scared look on her face. I asked her what it was that bit Julia and she said, "A shark."
Oh my.
They have been at the hospital for 6 hours now. Julia is getting stitches. She will probably need surgery on a damaged tendon. They have to wait for the inflammation to go down. She will fly back home tomorrow and pursue the surgery there.
Whew. What a day at the beach.
Please pray for Julia.
3 comments:
Wow. We will pray for Julia and the whole situation. Keep us posted.
Wow - that God that is does not seem to be life threatening. I will be praying for her to have a good recovery with no complications or permanent damage.
I'm glad your niece and everyone else is alright! yikes.
Post a Comment