Our church is fairly young. We started attending when it was just over a year old. That was eight years ago. This has been a great experience for us all. Our kids are tuned in to getting involved and serving in their own churches. Pete and I have seen the benefits of that as well. I have sung on the worship team for most of those eight years. Crazy that I do that, but love serving God that way. Pete has played the piano as well. He also has been a part of the leadership as a deacon and an elder.
Our church worships in the middle school in town. I love the casualness of that. There is only one conflict a year with that location. It's the Sunday that the high school graduation takes place. The high school uses the middle school for the all night party for the graduates. Because of the set up for that, we have found another location to worship on that Sunday. Once a year we worship in the Library Square Park downtown. In all the years we have met at the middle school have never had to cancel because of the weather. Then there is 2009. The weather forecast was for 45 degrees at 10a.m. June 7th people! Being the hardy Minnesotans that we are, we forged ahead for worship in the park.
Here is a picture of the poor worship team including my sweetie on the piano. His poor freezing hands. (Sorry the picture is dark. It is a dreary day.)
Here is my lap while we were singing. Don't you love my blanket? :)
I'm still thawing out. ::sigh::
2 comments:
I like your blanket!!!!!!
I remember making it!!!!!!!!!!
My hub was in Minn. on Sunday - that's what he said - Cold! He had thought maybe rain and took an umbrella but he did not take a coat & wished he had (in Chic. now - also cool) - the 1st week of June.
Will email back today. :)
Post a Comment