Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Word

Last night was Bible Study. After a tough day at home I really just wanted to crawl in a hole for the evening. But I went because I knew that (as Beth Moore would say) God would "speak a word" to me.

Her scripture for the video we watched was Acts 13:36. It says:For when David had served God's purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep; he was buried with his fathers and his body decayed.

Beth talked about how God has a purpose for me in THIS generation. His purpose for me is:

1. Highly personal -- God thinks and plans how He wants to fulfill His purpose through my life. His purpose is to show much glory in my life. His thoughts about me can't even be numbered! (Psalm 139:17-18)

2. Perfectly Timed -- Acts 17:26 says: From one man He made every nation of men, that they should in habit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. I am meant to be relevant in this generation. I need to be a relevant Christian.

3. Carefully Protected -- This one seems a bit more difficult to summarize what she said. Beth talked about the difficulties in life. God knows He can use those things for His good. (Like Joseph in Genesis... he told his brothers that what they did to him , they meant for evil, but God meant it for good and used it to save lives.)

I guess what I took away from the evening was that I want to live on purpose. I want to make my slice of time in this generation good and for God's glory.

So after feeling so defeated (see previous post), God, in His compassion reached out to me and told me that He thinks about me all the time and has specific plans for me.

Thank you God for The Word you spoke to me last night.

No comments: