Friday, February 22, 2008

How Did This Happen?

Today is my baby girl's birthday. 18 years ago I got to hold that sweet baby and kiss her fat little cheeks for the first time. Seems like a lifetime ago.
Thank you , God, for blessing me with Megan. Thank you that she has chosen to follow after You. I don't know what I did to deserve a daughter as amazing as her. It is Your grace and mercy showered on me, Lord.

I have made 18 birthday cakes for my girl. Last night I made the last one, most likely.

You, dear Megan, have grown into such a beautiful young woman, inside and out. I'm sorry when I have failed you as a mother. I tried to do my best -- not an excuse, just the reality of being a flawed person.

HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY, BABY GIRL!!

“I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always. As long as I’m living my baby you’ll be.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Megan!! Hope your day was great.
the meyers