Last Saturday morning I woke up to my husband yelling. It was an urgent enough of a yell that I didn't even consider whether or not I should get out of bed. (It was 7:30am on a Saturday, after-all!!) He had walked into the kitchen to a HUGE pool of water. It seems as though the ice-maker decided to keep pouring water out for several hours overnight. I guess we didn't apologize to the ice-maker enough. It always groans and make strange sounds after you get ice out. My dad always says he is sorry to it. I didn't get a good picture of the wetness until after we had it mopped up. Here is a bit of the wood floor. Needless to say, the floor is ruined and needs to be replaced.
The next place to check was the basement. Here you can see the wet carpet and a ceiling tile. There were several tiles damaged.


I called the insurance company while Pete and our pastor worked on cleaning it up. They contacted Service Master (a company who cleans up after water damage and fires, etc.) They did a great job of getting things dry. We had a total (upstairs and down) of 8 industrial fans and two industrial dehumidifiers going in the house for 48 hours. IT WAS LOUD!!! But it did the trick of drying things out.
Wednesday a restoration company came and replaced all the ceiling tiled in the basement and painted the finished ceiling where there was some water staining. Today we got the floor measured and hopefully will get the flooring picked out this weekend. Oh the joys of home ownership!! Ugh.
I called the insurance company while Pete and our pastor worked on cleaning it up. They contacted Service Master (a company who cleans up after water damage and fires, etc.) They did a great job of getting things dry. We had a total (upstairs and down) of 8 industrial fans and two industrial dehumidifiers going in the house for 48 hours. IT WAS LOUD!!! But it did the trick of drying things out.
1 comment:
i understand the"joys" of home onwership! water in our basement last march runing 3 rooms of carpet! Sorry you had to go thru all this!
Beth
Post a Comment