Last night Hubby and I were watching an episode of Monk when my phone rang. It was my sister. I had an awful feeling what she was going to say.
Our mom had a stroke.
Mom has been having problems with her heart not being in the correct rhythm for the last month or so. Thursday she was to have a procedure that would shock her heart back into correct rhythm. An ultrasound of her heart was done in preparation for the procedure and a blood clot was found in her heart. So they canceled the procedure to be done at a later time after a blood thinner had time to work. Last night at 6:25 my dad says Mom just stopped being responsive. He called 911.
Hubby and I threw stuff in suitcases and started the three hour drive to where my parents live. We were in the ICU by 11:30.
Mom smiled when we came into the room. Just half a smile though because the right side of her face is droopy. She has no speech, but was able to lift her left leg a bit.
Mom smiled when we came into the room. Just half a smile though because the right side of her face is droopy. She has no speech, but was able to lift her left leg a bit.
We sat with her for a few hours. Now I am supposed to be sleeping but am finding it difficult to relax.
So blogging it is.
A couple of my memory verses are rolling through my head:
Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Isaiah 41:13
For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.
For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.
Hanging on to His hand.
3 comments:
Oh Judy, I'm praying - hard!
I'm sorry to hear this Judy. Know that I will add you both to my prayers. Take care
Praying for your mom and the whole family...
Post a Comment