1. What's one thing that's still the same about you as when you were young?
Besides the fact that I still have those two sisters and one brother, I still have that lovely cowlick. (I'm front center.)
History. We need to remember where we came from in order to move on and grow.
3. Lima, kidney, string, garbanzo, black or pinto-your favorite bean?
String Beans fresh from the garden.
4. What's something people come to your town to do?
Hubby has been told that people from smaller towns and farms around here come to this town to retire since it is the biggest town in 50 miles. (And let's just say right here that having lots of retired people here does wonders for the traffic flow in town. Speed limit signs mean something like don't drive anywhere close to the speed listed here. The slower the better.)
I don't know what people would come here to do. There's not much to do here. (No movie theater, not many restaurants, pathetic shopping.) There is a string of lakes, so I would guess the main thing would be boating or fishing or ice fishing. (Hubby and I don't do any of those things.) I wouldn't stick my big toe in any of those lakes, the water looks nasty.
5. When was the last time you were in a meeting? Sum it up for us in five words or less.
Advocating for my mom.
(With the doctor's nurse practitioner along with my dad, sister and brother-in-law.)
(Other than that, as a stay-at-home-wife, I don't have meetings to attend.)
6. What special event would you like a VIP pass to attend?
I thought and thought about this all day. I can't think of a concert I'd really like to go to. Hubby is a big fan of Kansas City Royals baseball. I think it would be cool to be able to have tickets that would have us sit in a fancy box thing. (They do that for baseball, right?) I think Hubby would like that.
7. What's one piece of advice you'd give a writer?
Don't use too many fluffy and flowery words.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My daughter and her husband have been in Thailand for the last two weeks. We'll see them this coming weekend and I can't wait to hear about their adventures!
But can I say that when I saw this on Daughter's Facebook I freaked out a little?
That's my son-in-law rock climbing. Yikes! There some things I don't want to know about ahead of time. I heard my daughter telling someone they wanted to do some rock climbing while they were in Thailand. I think it would have been better for me to hear about this after the fact. I have spent several nights praying for their safety.
(Right after my daughter graduated from high school she went on a trip to Costa Rico with the Spanish Club. I cannot say how glad I was when she told me after she got home that she had done a zip-line over the rain forest. I was so glad I didn't know that was an option before she left.
(My Protective Mom Instinct doesn't fade with time and I don't apologize for it.)


10 comments:
Your answer to number 4 made me laugh. Happy driving!
#7 - definitely good advice.
Great photo of your son-in-law climbing.
As a mom, I don' think you ever stop worrying about your kids, no matter how old they become. Hope you have a wonderful reunion with your daughter!
Oh my, I'm with you on #8!! I'm sure that there are plenty of things that my daughter does that I just don't want to know about!! ;-)
I am with you and not knowing what the children may be getting up to. I also worry about my grandchildren as well.
I wouldn't go rock climbing anywhere. lol
Ooo! My bother went to Thailand a few years ago and love it - they got to ride elephants :) I think one of my all time favorite things is green beans fresh from the garden!! Happy Wednesday!!
Like you, I don't want to do dangerous things for entertainment and I prefer my family and close friends stay safe as well!
Oh my. Not even a cinema? I'm such a city blossom I think I'd really struggle to live there!
The rock climbing looks amazing! But I agree, I don't think a parent ever stops with that protective instinct.
I think mothers of young adults totally get the 'tell me about it once you're safely home thing' : ) How's your mom doing? I am keeping her (and you) in my prayers and hope she is regaining her health a little more every day.
How funny about the driving in your town. I have to look away sometimes when my kids are doing things that terrify me for them. My husband is an adventurer and I just want them to keep their feet ON the ground!!
Post a Comment