I've been with my dad every day since Tuesday at the hospital with my mom. Some days are better than others.
Today, Mom was very tired all day and not very responsive. I got a couple of weak smiles from her and a good night kiss.
I'll just leave this post like that. I'll write more about the week later. Mostly so I can remember.
One more thing. I'll copy and paste what I wrote on my Facebook page tonight:
Another
day at the hospital sitting with my mom and my dad.(I count it a
privilege.) Pete is here, too. Mom was very tired today and seemed to
sleep through most of the day. She was not very responsive to speech
therapy or physical therapy. My dad and Pete had the Iowa State/Iowa
game on TV and occasionally Mom would look at the TV. At the end of the
day I read Psalm 139 to her. When I finished reading, she opened her
eyes and looked at me. Dad said that was a "thank you." Before we told
her goodnight, the three of us sang "How Great Thou Art" to her. I told
Mom I never would have known I could sing if she hadn't encouraged me to
sign up for choir in 7th grade.
(Well, now Hubby's name is out there. Grin.)
No comments:
Post a Comment