Hubby came home from work a couple of hours early on Friday and we took off west to Sioux Falls, SD. Why?
First, to drop off my sewing machine so it could get some much needed cleaning.
I've had this machine for more than five years and have never had it cleaned or serviced. I recently inquired of Bernina how often that should be done and they told me the recommendation was once a year. Oops. The nearest place I could take it was an hour away and on the way to Sioux Falls, so we thought it would be great to drop it off as we went by last Friday.
The reason for the trip west was to see these guys:
| Travis Cottrell |
| Beth Moore |
Hubby graciously agreed to come along so he could lug my sewing machine into the store for me and to chauffeur me to and from this event. What a nice guy, huh?
I went to this event by myself. And I loved it. (I guess that's my introvert coming out.) Beth Moore has events she calls Living Proof Live. She teaches Friday night and Saturday morning. Travis Cottrell leads worship. I just don't know what I enjoyed more: the teaching or the worship. For the Saturday morning session I managed to score a seat in the 4th row!!! I was so excited to be that close to the stage! (This was in an arena and there were something like 4500 people there.)
I loved being able to worship with Travis and his team. I admit to singing at the top of my lungs. Thankfully, the music was loud enough to cover my warbling. ha.
Through the teaching, God reassured me that He's not forgotten about us. That His purpose is being worked out. Just wait.
I am so thankful Hubby wanted to come along just to drive me around. Such a sweetie! While I was listening to Beth, he spent his time reading and doing some shopping in man stores. You know, places like Lowes and Home Depot. Stuff like that. grin. He enjoyed himself.
Halfway through Saturday morning I got a call that my sewing machine was ready to pick up! It was supposed to take 3 or 4 days, so it was way cool that we could pick it up on our way back home. Of course, I managed to doing a little fabric shopping while in the quilt shop. Of course!
In the first sixty miles of our trip back home we counted 322 motorcycles heading west on the interstate highway! That wasn't even counting all the motorcycles being pulled in trailers. They were headed to Sturgis for an annual motorcycle week. It's crazy how many we saw! We didn't count the rest of the way home.
After we were back home for a bit, I got a text message from my dad that my mom (81) had been admitted to the hospital for heart problems. She had atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat) and fluid on her lungs. As of yesterday afternoon, she's back home. (Yay!) Her heart is still in a-fib, but the fluid is gone and she feels lots better. Our anxiety levels went up when we heard the news because my mom had a heart attack almost four years ago that resulted in by-pass surgery and lots of complications that resulted in almost 4 months in the hospital. None of us wants to see her (or my dad) go through that again. I thankful that she's home and sounded good when I talked to her on the phone.
We ate a pretty big lunch in Sioux Falls complete with chips and salsa and fries. I mentioned I just wanted a giant bowl of fruit for supper that night. Hubby fixed it for us. Just check out the presentation!
Show off!
That was a packed 27 hours!

2 comments:
What a wonderful weekend! How blessed you were that you got to attend that Beth Moore event!! And that your hubby chauffered you to and from. What a sweetie!
I need to get my sewing machine into the shop ... I've never had any of my previous machines serviced, but with as much as I spent on my Bernina, I think I'll get her serviced. ;-) I'm just trying to put it off until I'm done piecing together my storm at sea. ;-)
You had great seats at LPL! So fun to see you briefly while waiting for the photo op with our BFF. :)
Post a Comment