Three weeks ago.
Sigh.
(Okay, stop kicking yourself, Judy, and get on with it.)
Let's see. Where were we?
We had spent most of the weekend of our anniversary helping our son and daughter-in-law with jobs around their house.
The morning of our anniversary we drove over to Lawrence, KS to worship with our daughter and son-in-law one last time at the church that we have had at least one kid attending when they were at the University of Kansas. It's been eight years that we've joined one of our kids there (and parked in the visitor parking spots).
This particular morning our daughter was singing on the worship team. I cannot describe the joy that fills our hearts when we see her doing this.
Just look at how cute this house is! It's a smidge over 100 years old. Lots of character. Lots of work.
Two weekends ago our daughter and son-in-law moved into the top floor of this house! So now we have all our kids under one roof for a while! Pretty awesome, I think.
Later that afternoon Hubby and I checked into a quite swanky hotel to have a couple of days to celebrate our 29th anniversary.
Just check out this view we had of the Country Club Plaza on Kansas City.
I'd love to see this at Christmas time when all those buildings are lined with lights. So pretty!
That night we took all the kids out for a celebratory dinner. Traditionally, Hubby and I have celebrated our anniversary just the two of us, but we thought this year it would be fun to treat the kids to a nice dinner.
Those two kids are a couple of the best things that God has gifted us with through our marriage. Those other two kids are wonderful bonuses.
It was a great dinner and so fun to be all together. Hubby chose a great restaurant. (Bonefish Grill.)
| Our dessert |
The day after our anniversary found us visiting Hubby's aunt and uncle and cousin in Lawrence. It was so good to spend some time with them.
That afternoon we also visited a friend of our who was in the hospital in a Kansas City suburb. I was so thankful we were nearby so we could pay her a visit.
Monday night, Hubby found a really yummy restaurant (Seasons 52) to take me to to celebrate just the two of us. We both had probably the best salmon we've ever had and finished it off with a couple of cute little desserts:
It was refreshing to spend some time just the two of us.
On our trip back home we made a stop at The Missouri Star Quilt Company (where Hubby forced me to buy some fabric I thought was cute), and had supper with some good friends at our favorite Iowa barbeque restaurant.
Sadly, Hubby brought with him a souvenir of his work with our son. Poison Ivy. Finally, after three weeks, it's feeling a lot better.
(This post seems to be kinda disjointed and not flow very well. Frustrating. I think I am out of practice with writing.)


1 comment:
I've missed you. What a wonderful weekend. Time with your kids and a getaway at a swanky hotel with your hubby. Win-win!
I've already told DH that we're going to plan a weekend getaway to KC - and the Missouri Star Co.!!! We're about 4 hours from KC, so it would be a nice weekend road trip. Maybe we'll plan it for later this fall ... it might be nice to drive along the Missouri River and see the fall foliage.
Love your son's house - absolutely charming!!
Post a Comment