1. April 15th is the deadline for Americans to file their state and federal income tax returns. What's a job you do on a regular basis that could be described as 'taxing'?
Let's just lump lots of jobs onto one and say housework. Those jobs never end. I remember my mom saying when I was still at home how she tired of thinking of what to fix for supper every night. I didn't understand it much then, but I sure do now!
2. I'm participating in the April A-Z blog challenge, and the Hodgepodge happens to fall on Day O this week. In keeping with that theme...olives, onions, oysters, okra...of the foods mentioned, what's your favorite O food?
OLIVES! I especially love Greek olives. Last New Year's Eve, Hubby and I ate at a nice restaurant and one of the appetizer choices was olives. I ordered some and enjoyed them all by myself. (Hubby isn't a fan.)
I took a picture and texted it to my daughter. We share the love of olives. :)
3. What is something memorable you experienced as a child that your own children (or future children/nieces/nephews) will not get to experience?
My children haven't experienced and my grandchildren will never experience getting up off the couch and walking across the room to change the channel on the television with a switch on the television set itself.
4. Term limits for our elected officials...your thoughts?
I think it's a good thing. A fresh mind is helpful.
5. On April 18th, 1775, Paul Revere made his famous 'midnight ride'...when did you last make a midnight ride? Perhaps the fate of a nation wasn't hanging in the balance, but tell us where you were headed anyway.
I think the last time we were driving late was when we were driving to Colorado last summer to meet our kids for a week's vacation. We were driving through Omaha, Nebraska at 10 pm and we thought we'd make it to Lincoln, Nebraska in another hour so we'd stop for a hotel there. We did stop only to be told that there were no hotel rooms available in the whole city. Sigh. I took the wheel, because Hubby was exhausted, and drove another hour to York, Nebraska. Same story there. No rooms. Hubby then called to Grand Island, Nebraska and lo and behold! An available hotel room! So, another hour down the road, we finally got to a hotel. (And can I just say here, that the state of Nebraska decided to resurface the entire length of I-80? We were driving in just two-way traffic and sharing it with all sorts of semi-trucks.) By this time it was 12:30 a.m. It felt good to lay down, I tell ya. But then a thunderstorm rolled through and I didn't get a lot of sleep. Sigh.
(We found out later that the reason for the lack of hotel rooms was that there were Olympic swim trials going on in Lincoln and the College World Series.)
6. What would freak you out more...a mouse running across your floor or a big fat hairy spider?
A mouse for sure! I can stomp on a spider, but a mouse is just icky. When our son was just a little over a year old, a mouse an through the kitchen when I was feeding him breakfast. I screamed and it made him cry. Poor baby.
7. I love it when people ask me________________________?
I like to talk about quilting. Last fall one of my sisters embarked on a quilting project and called me and emailed me several times to ask me questions about how to do something. I don't have any quilting buddies in real life so I enjoyed that.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Last night Hubby and I were just down-right frustrated with the lack of warm weather up here in the north land this spring. (We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow. Ugh.) We hopped in the car to see if the local ice cream place was open yet. IT WAS! So we indulged in some ice cream, trying to pretend it wasn't 41 degrees and there wasn't a snow bank that hasn't melted yet in front of the car.
Ice cream makes everything better!



2 comments:
I agree...ice cream does make everything better! Gotta find your spring where you can, right?
Olives...see I knew we were kindred spirits : )
I was mowing the back yard yesterday afternoon when a young bunny ran out in front of me. I thought it was a mouse and shrieked at the top of my lungs. DH who was in the front yard heard me, over the lawn mower in spite of his poor hearing. So I'm sure a mouse running across the floor inside would cause me to scream loud enough to make a baby cry. ;-)
I could have easily answered #7 the same way ... I too have no real life quilting friends. :-( Which is another reason why I'm so grateful for my blogging friends (like YOU!), several of whom are quilters.
Post a Comment