Thursday, April 5, 2012

Another Quilt Project

I finished off a little quilt kit I bought almost 10 years ago when we had a vacation on Cape Cod. I didn't realize that to construct this little quilt required a method I knew nothing about. There is a method in quilting called paper foundation piecing. It's a great method to use for tiny pieces and sharp points. Here's a link to a video that explains it, if you really want to know. I was thankful to be able find some video tutorials to watch so I could learn how to do this. I learn better by watching something than just reading about it. (I realize that this may be confusing. I just want to document my projects.)
This little quilt is 8" by 8".  Once I got the hang of it, it went together pretty quickly.

1 comment:

Jenny - AKA - frogmama said...

you are just finishing up all sorts of projects! You are an inspiration! I still want to see your quilt you had quilted recently :)

I've done paper piecing with Kate and my neice. We made pot holders. it is fun!